Junior QA Engineer
Hi, recruiter! If you're reading this and looking to work with us please go through this document first. If you're not viewing this from our careers site please go there for the link. Thanks!
ABOUT URBAN MASSAGE
We're very proud to be a fast growing start-up making our mark on the well-being industry. Our world-class platform enables brilliantly talented therapists to provide caring treatments to customers wherever and whenever they want a well deserved treat. In the past 2 years we've launched in 3 international locations, provide over 7,000 massages a month. We're now looking at many other international locations this year and a range of different wellness services.
As a team, we're just under 50 global employees. We do all we can to make our work environment one we love, can be ourselves in, and can be really successful in. This means lots of working and playing hard (at our Friday drinks and socials) and a chilled office full of ping-pong tables, free yoga classes and pets. Our roles come with a lot of responsibility and empowerment - we like to employ brilliant people and give them the freedom to achieve brilliant things. You can find more passionate detail about working here on Glassdoor - or just ask us!
As a Junior QA Engineer you would be focused on supporting the Product team. We're working hard to take our product to the next stage as our start-up expands in the UK and internationally so it's a really exciting time to join us and be part of that experience!
Our product team presently has 12 highly-skilled employees working across design/engineering and testing. You'd work closely with other multi-discipline engineers. Our fast-moving team bring together strategy, creative and technology in agile programmes of work. We embrace strong development standards, TDD, continuous integration, peer review, test automation and replicable deployment processes.
Within this role, you'd be encouraged to explore new technologies where good business value is evident. We currently have several applications that are supported on multiple platforms - Web, Mobile (iOS and Android). We'd like you to be comfortable testing on all of these.
Currently, we have a highly experienced QA lead leading all of the testing + release process within the Product team. As a quality driven team, we have identified a need for additional resource to ensure we continue to deliver stable, well tested work to our users. Your day-to-day work will report into this thought-leader, who has a wealth of knowledge to help you upskill throughout your career with us.
We'd like for you to come with experience in this space already and the drive to draw on it to make a brilliant impact.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet consumers needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product owner) to identify system requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
We expect our Engineers to have experience in:
- Knowledge of QA concepts
- Strong organization, analytic and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Bug tracking (such as Jira) and version control system (Github) is preferred.
- Picking up new technologies when appropriate for the task in hand
- We also expect you to genuinely enjoy your craft, to take initiative, and want to help do things better
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Join a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Working with a fun, international and highly-motivated team where there's never a dull moment!
- Well-speced Apple hardware
- A generous conference and training budget
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Fully stocked fridges
- Central London office with great transport links