Urban is on a mission to democratise access to wellness on a global level. With an on-demand app using cutting edge technology platforms to connect thousands of passionate, high quality practitioners with people in need of a massage, osteopathy and other treatments.
Here at Urban our team are the reason we have achieved what we have so far, and are the reason we will continue to grow and work towards our targets. This means we need a dedicated person to be responsible for the majority of the functional operations to do with our fantastic people.
- Payroll admin - making sure everything is up to date, from new joiners to holiday pay, ensuring that it works seamlessly with our 3rd party payroll provider.
- Benefits - we have a variety of benefits at Urban, utilising a few third party providers. You will be responsible for the running of these, making sure people are invited, utilising the benefits, and ensuring the records are kept up to date.
- People system - our people system is integral to the people operations. Everything from documents, holiday approval, the organisational chart and more are ran through the people system. You will need to ensure this is up to date and correct, and is used correctly.
- You will need to ensure everyone has the right accounts that they need, you will have admin access to multiple systems from our chat tool to the basic email. You need to ensure these are set up, and are correct for the people using them.
- Creating contracts or contract addendums when needed, ensuring they are legally compliant, signed when needed and stored where needed.
- Responsible for new joiners, supporting them with documents pre onboarding
- Working with hiring managers to work out a new team members first day and first week
- Initial first day meeting to set up accounts and support onboarding with documents and other help.
- Drafting/editing/posting job descriptions through our ATS or other third party recruitment sites
- Screening CV’s, Telephone interviews, face to face interviews, hiring manager support
- Providing useful feedback and support to hiring managers, from candidate notes to scheduling calls and interviews.
- Sending out rejection emails or calls
- Sending out offer letters, and conducting right to work checks on successful candidates
- Creating and distributing contracts
- Responsible for monitoring the engagement and satisfaction of the teams, working with leadership team and managers to address any issues
- Working with the leadership and wider team to put together initiatives to increase engagement
- First point of contact for any people issues, from misconduct, personal issues, or any disciplinary procedures needed.
- Working with managers to work out process for low performers including terminations and redundancies where relevant.
- Monitor communication and relationships and addressing any issues where necessary.
- Organising the performance reviews with managers ensuring that they are done in a timely manner
- Following the procedure set out, and supporting managers to allow them to have all the resources needed for the performance review process
- Part of the decision making team for pay rises or any remuneration changes needed, actioning these where necessary.
- Liaising with building managers to sort any issues that arise within the office
- Clear communication and ability to build trust and rapport quickly
- Ability to multitask
- Clear understanding of people's needs and a desire to help and create an environment to support these
- Detail oriented
- Ability to be organised and manage key deadlines (including payroll)
- People oriented focus
- Self starter who can work autonomously
- Take a key role in our journey to revolutionise wellness globally. Be part of a diverse, talented and driven team, carefully assembled from all over the world
- Take ownership of what you do, and make an impact immediately, with the opportunity to learn every day
- Casual Dress Policy
- Access to benefits through Perkbox
- Access your earned wages before payday through Wagestream
- Urban Unlimited Holiday after probation (yes we mean it)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual company retreat/large event
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Free weekly yoga/fitness sessions
- Our amazing Urban HQ in central London with a Ping-Pong Table, Zen room, Juices and Fresh Fruit, breakfasts and more.