Head of Performance Marketing
Hi, recruiter! If you're reading this and looking to work with us please go through this document first. If you're not viewing this from our careers site please go there for the link. Thanks!
About Urban Massage
We’re on a mission to democratise access to wellness on a global level. With an on-demand app using cutting edge technology platforms to connect thousands of passionate, high quality therapists with people in need of a massage.
In the three years since our launch we’ve grown to sixty plus people, can be found in five cities across Europe, and have matched thousands of people with hundreds of expert massage therapists. It’s a fast paced but nurturing atmosphere that manages to balance the fire and excitement of a start-up with the care and mindfulness expected from the wellness industry.
Our three offices – currently in London, Paris and Vienna – have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, thriving on cross-team collaboration and after work drinks (and work outs). We have everything from a zen room to the required ping-pong table, providing space for the occasional digital detox as well as a kitchen full of cold-pressed juices. Yoga and fitness classes are held once a week and we have a yearly full-company retreat. With plenty more ideas in the pipeline for our teams!
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Performance Marketing to join our London HQ working closely with the global digital function (Search, Display, Paid Social, CRM and Affiliate). The global digital team serves as an internal agency supporting all our operating markets. You will be the expert and leader to drive all innovation, strategy, execution and ownership for our digital presence.
Reporting to our CEO, you will be using our customer, therapist data and insights to drive a targeted, data-driven and investment minded approach to user acquisition and retention.
Join our mission to scale revenue to $100M+ revenue in next the next 5 years.
What you'll do
- Full ownership of the performance marketing and digital function globally
- Set vision, strategy, execution playbook and reporting for digital marketing against business budget, targets and requirements
- Manage and grow performance activities in Search, Display, Social, Affiliate and CRM (focused on new user acquisition and retention)
- Full ownership of user acquisition KPIs (CPA / CAC, LTV, ROAS etc)
- Manage marketing budget and forecast to deliver efficient return on investment
- Test new strategies & channels for increased traffic and revenue (leader of innovation, setting up automation along with product team and ever increasing efficiency in performance marketing returns)
- Working with direct reports and other key stakeholders to ensure consistency across other channels (local marketing teams, brand, comms etc)
- Identify opportunity areas for growth, smart execution and constant optimisation (hunter attitude to drive growth, scale and high ROI)
- Launch and scale digital lead generation and lifecycle approach through programmatic buying
- You're the expert, hungry to constantly learn and self-improve / be ahead of the curve in performance marketing and user acquisition / retention - drive change and cutting edge best practices internally
- Managing commercial negotiations, supplier management with agencies globally to assist with scale and execution (currently have agency support for various channels)
- Team management of current global digital team and ownership over new recruits / training and development
- 5 years' work exp with 3 years with performance marketing across mobile and desktop either within an in-house team or agency
- Hands-on experience across min. 4 performance marketing channels (Google, Facebook / Instagram, Affiliate, Display and CRM)
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new channels as they are launched / be first to market
- Experience to scaling up channels, user acquisition / retention or business
- Team management and training experience
- Highly analytical and numerical
- Exceptional at Excel, manipulate large data sets
- Experience with budgeting / forecasting, business planning, reporting and analytics
- Outstanding communication skills
- Work experience / background (preferred): Gaming, ecomms, high-growth successful startup and agency
- Strong academic background and is a lover of problem solving / being creative and driven
- Personable, adaptive and great relationship builder
- Competitive salary (based on experience) - possibility of stock options
- Join a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Working with a fun, international and highly-motivated team where there's never a dull moment!
- Your choice of computing hardware and desk setup
- A generous conference and training budget
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Central London office with great transport links
- Annual company retreat
- Flexible working arrangements
- Our new amazing Urban HQ with a Ping-Pong Table, Zen room, Juices and Fresh Fruit, breakfasts and more.