Back End Node.js Developer
Hi, recruiter! If you're reading this and looking to work with us please go through this document first. If you're not viewing this from our careers site please go there for the link. Thanks!
ABOUT URBAN MASSAGE
Our world-class platforms enable brilliantly talented therapists to provide caring treatments to customers wherever and whenever they want a well deserved treat. In the past 2 years we've launched in 3 international locations and provided hundreds of thousands of massages to customers in need of a treat! We're now looking at many other international locations this year and a range of different wellness services.
We are looking for a great back-end developer to join us.
Our product team is full of highly-skilled multi-disciplined engineers working closely with each other across design, engineering and testing. Our fast-moving team bring together strategy, creativity and technology in agile programmes of work. We embrace strong development standards, continuous integration, peer review, test automation and replicable deployment processes. Within this role, you'd be encouraged to explore new technologies and take ownership of your work.
Our bleeding-edge backend platform is formed of an API-gateway + micro service architecture written in Typescript (running on Node.js). Our data layer uses a combination of different storage engines picked for the best fit to each use case, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Neo4J, MongoDB and Redis, Our front end stack includes AngularJS, React and MobX among others.
- Apply industry standard best practices
- Collaborate with colleagues across various areas of the business
- Lead within your discipline – architect using modern front-end stacks and help coordinate delivery
- Contribute to our overarching technical architecture and vision
· Strong experience in Node.js with Express.
· Knowledge of Typescript and / or Flowscript.
· Familiarity with SQL and at least one other database (preferably schema-less).
· You write testable, extendable and maintainable code.
· Experience identifying and applying industry standard best practices.
· Collaborated with colleagues from other business areas on projects in previous roles.
· Git / SVN or similar version control experience.
· A self-driven attitude and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVES
- Previous experience overcoming challenges associated with scaling.
- Algorithm implementation and an understanding of 'big O notation'.
- Understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of micro-service architectures.
- Experience with React, AngularJs, MobX or a similar front end frameworks / libraries.
- CSS skills utilising Less / Sass.
- Contributed to open source projects.
- An active personal account on Github, Bitbucket or similar.
- An interest or previous exposure to dev ops.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Join a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Working with a fun, international and highly-motivated team where there's never a dull moment!
- Well-speced Apple hardware
- A generous conference and training budget
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Fully stocked fridges
- Central London office with great transport links