Front End Developer
Hi, recruiter! If you're reading this and looking to work with us please go through this document first. If you're not viewing this from our careers site please go there for the link. Thanks!
ABOUT URBAN MASSAGEOur world-class platforms enable brilliantly talented therapists to provide caring treatments to customers wherever and whenever they want a well deserved treat. In the past 2 years we've launched in 3 international locations and provided hundreds of thousands of massages to customers in need of a treat! We're now looking at many other international locations this year and a range of different wellness services.THE ROLE
We are looking for a great front-end developer to join us.
Our product team is full of highly-skilled multi-disciplined engineers working closely with each other across design, engineering and testing. Our fast-moving team bring together strategy, creativity and technology in agile programmes of work. We embrace strong development standards, continuous integration, peer review, test automation and replicable deployment processes. Within this role, you'd be encouraged to explore new technologies and take ownership of your work.
We’re currently in the process of building new products using React and MobX. We also use AngularJs in many places on our platform, we’re always looking to improve and consolidate our tech stack and our developers are at the forefront of these decisions. Our bleeding-edge backend platform is formed of an API-gateway + micro service architecture leveraging Node.js. Our data layer uses a combination of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Apply industry standard best practices
- Collaborate with colleagues across various areas of the business
- Lead within your discipline – architect using modern front-end stacks and help coordinate delivery
- Contribute to our overarching technical architecture and vision
- Experience with React, AngularJs, MobX or a similar front end frameworks / libraries.
- Strong CSS skills utilising Less / Sass.
- You’re skilled building responsive and accessible pages across a variety of browsers and devices.
- You write testable, extendable and maintainable code.
- Experience identifying and applying industry standard best practices.
- Collaborated with colleagues from other business areas on projects in previous roles.
- Git / SVN or similar version control experience.
- A self-driven attitude and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVES
- Contributed to open source projects
- An active personal account on Github, Bitbucket or similar.
- Experience with Node.js with Express.
- Utilised build tools e.g. Gulp or Webpack for production use
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Join a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Working with a fun, international and highly-motivated team where there's never a dull moment!
- Well-speced Apple hardware
- A generous conference and training budget
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Fully stocked fridges
- Central London office with great transport links