ABOUT URBAN MASSAGE
We don’t do ordinary. If we did, we wouldn’t be shaking up a billion-dollar industry with smart tech, out-of-the-box ideas, and a big belief that self-care should be high on everyone’s priorities. If you don’t do ordinary either, you should probably keep reading.
We’re Urban Massage, and we believe in enabling others to build better wellness habits. Whether that’s giving someone the chance to book a much-needed massage to calm and centre their overworked brain, or helping to rehabilitate someone back to better health with a Sports massage treatment, we’re there to make it easy, affordable and professional.
Like any great company, we’re nothing without our people. From the teams that build our top-notch tech, to the marketers who help spread our message far and wide, we’re built on the skills, knowledge and attitude of our employees. We’re a big, friendly bunch. We’ve got members from all corners of the globe, with a variety of experience, bags of energy and a big belief in wellness at work. That’s why our culture is second-to-none. From social gatherings, work retreats, workout classes, cold-pressed juice, trips to the pub, ping pong tables and zen rooms, to dedicated support to help you grow in your role - being a part of Urban Massage is something special.
Our product team is full of highly-skilled multi-disciplined engineers working closely with each other across design, engineering and testing. Our fast-moving team bring together strategy, creativity and technology in agile programmes of work. We embrace strong development standards, continuous integration, peer review, test automation and replicable deployment processes. Within this role, you'd be encouraged to explore new technologies and take ownership of your work.
Our bleeding-edge backend platform is formed of an API-gateway + micro service architecture written in Typescript (running on Node.js). Our data layer uses a combination of different storage engines picked for the best fit to each use case, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Neo4J, MongoDB and Redis. We’re also currently in the process of building new products using React and MobX. We also use AngularJs in many places on our platform, we’re always looking to improve and consolidate our tech stack and our developers are at the forefront of these decisions.
- Apply industry standard best practices
- Collaborate with colleagues across various areas of the business
- Lead within your discipline – architect using modern technologies and help coordinate delivery
- Contribute to our overarching technical architecture and vision
- Experience with Node.js with Express.
- You write testable, extendable and maintainable code.
- Experience identifying and applying industry standard best practices.
- Collaborated with colleagues from other business areas on projects in previous roles.
- Git / SVN or similar version control experience.
- A self-driven attitude and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of Typescript and / or Flowscript.
- Have experience working with micro-service/SOA based systems.
- Familiarity with SQL and at least one other database (preferably schema-less).
- Contributed to open source projects.
- An active personal account on Github, Bitbucket or similar.
- An interest or previous exposure to dev ops.
- Take a key role in our journey to revolutionise wellness globally. Be part of a diverse, talented and driven team, carefully assembled from all over the world
- Take ownership of what you do, and make an impact immediately, with the opportunity to learn every day
- Casual Dress Policy
- Access to benefits through Perkbox
- Urban Unlimited Holiday after probation (yes we mean it)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual company retreat/large event
- Fully speced hardware and your choice of desk setup
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Free weekly yoga/fitness sessions
- Our amazing Urban HQ in central London with a Ping-Pong Table, Zen room, Juices and Fresh Fruit, breakfasts and more