Digital Product Designer (Junior/Mid)
About Urban Massage
We’re on a mission to democratise access to wellness on a global level. With an on-demand app using cutting edge technology platforms to connect thousands of passionate, high quality therapists with people in need of a massage.
In the three years since our launch we’ve grown to sixty plus people, can be found in five cities across Europe, and have matched thousands of people with hundreds of expert massage therapists. It’s a fast paced but nurturing atmosphere that manages to balance the fire and excitement of a start-up with the care and mindfulness expected from the wellness industry.
Our two offices – currently in London and Paris, soon with the addition of New York – have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, thriving on cross-team collaboration and after work drinks (and workouts). We have everything from a zen room to the required ping-pong table, providing space for the occasional digital detox as well as a kitchen full of cold-pressed juices. Yoga and fitness classes are held once a week and we have a yearly annual company-wide retreat. With plenty more ideas in the pipeline for our teams!
The Role of Product Designer at Urban
To enable us to deliver the best-in-class experience, we need world-class and highly intuitive digital product design experience. We’re looking for a highly intelligent, creative and curious digital product designer who can innovate and craft outstanding user experience with highly appealing visual design.
You must get a thrill out of solving very complex challenges and translating it in ultra intuitive, simple and enjoyable product experience for all our users.
You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to own experiences across our end user, therapist and corporate product suites. You will be expected to take the product to new levels of personalisation to provide a truly best in class consumer wellness experience.
- Deep commercial, user and product development understanding how to incorporate business objectives / requirements into a world-class product experience
- Strategy and product design innovation, thought-leadership and translate complex user requirements into simple and intuitive digital products that people LOVE
- Passion for the wellness industry and consumer products
- 2 years or more experience in UX and Digital Product Design (specifically consumer)
- Track record of solving complex requirements and crafting simple and intuitive experiences
- Clear evidence of being an overachiever
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience of working collaboratively with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to take ideas from concept to launch and beyond
- Portfolio/case studies featuring examples of exceptional design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Ability to prototype from sketching through to interactive outputs
- Experience in planning and conducting user testing sessions
- Expert in Sketch, Invision and Adobe Suite
Nice to haves:
- Top “schooling” from a world-class digital product design agency, high growth startup or consumer brand
- Some experience in engineering, marketing or general business
- Take a key role in our journey to revolutionise wellness globally. Be part of a diverse, talented and driven team, carefully assembled from all over the world
- Be thrown in at the deep end and get the opportunity to learn every day.
- Urban Unlimited holiday policy
- Perkbox - 100s of discounts and benefits free
- Free weekly yoga/fitness sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Well spec’d computing hardware and desk setup
- Central London office with great transport links
- Annual company retreat
- Flexible working arrangements
- Our new amazing Urban HQ with a Ping-Pong Table, Zen room, Juices and Fresh Fruit, breakfasts and more.
If you’re excited about the role and want to make a big impact in the wellness industry please send applications to [email protected]