Operations Manager - UK
Hi, recruiter! If you're reading this and looking to work with us please go through this document first. If you're not viewing this from our careers site please go there for the link. Thanks!
About Urban Massage
We’re on a mission to democratise access to wellness on a global level. With an on-demand app using cutting edge technology platforms to connect thousands of passionate, high quality therapists with people in need of a massage.
In the three years since our launch we’ve grown to sixty plus people, can be found in five cities across Europe, and have matched thousands of people with hundreds of expert massage therapists. It’s a fast paced but nurturing atmosphere that manages to balance the fire and excitement of a start-up with the care and mindfulness expected from the wellness industry.
Our three offices – currently in London, Paris and Vienna – have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, thriving on cross-team collaboration and after work drinks (and work outs). We have everything from a zen room to the required ping-pong table, providing space for the occasional digital detox as well as a kitchen full of cold-pressed juices. Yoga and fitness classes are held once a week and we have a yearly full-company retreat. With plenty more ideas in the pipeline for our teams!
The UK is our largest market and Supply Operations are at the core of our business, assuring excellent quality and availability for users, while at the same time creating a top-of-class experience for therapist partners.
That is why we are looking for an outstanding candidate to head up our UK Supply Operations. In your role, you will be responsible for UK Supply Operations from start to end: acquisition, on-boarding and community management of a pool of thousands of therapist partners. To succeed, you will need a balanced mix of excellent people, technical and analytical skills. You should want to be part of a strong growth journey, and have what it takes to scale operations fast and efficiently.
- Strategic ownership and responsibility of UK Supply Operations from start to end
- Substantially grow the UK therapist base, while nurturing the existing partner community
- Full accountability for all KPIs across acquisition, activation, engagement, retention and quality
- Manage commercial negotiations and relationship with key industry stakeholders
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Product, Customer Service, Finance, People and Talent), representing supply vision and interests and assuring adequate support and cross-company understanding.
- Management of a team of 8-10 people, recruitment, training and development
- Constantly identify areas for growth, improved execution and constant optimization (Hunter attitude to driving growth, scaling and better ROI)
- 4+ years experience in management consulting, supply chain management or operations management
- Experience scaling and managing operational processes at scale
- High level of expertise in project management and analytics
- A balanced mix of people, technical, and operational skills
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- A hands-on mentality with a strong taste for process innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to work with diligence at speed and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills; ability to represent the company with senior stakeholders; ability to coach and manage others and clearly share insights with the team through both written and verbal presentations
- You're the expert, hungry to constantly learn and self-improve, be ahead of the curve in your field, drive change and implement cutting-edge practices
- Take a key role in our journey to revolutionise wellness globally. Be part of a diverse, talented and driven team, carefully assembled from all over the world
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Free weekly yoga/fitness sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Your choice of computing hardware and desk setup
- Central London office with great transport links
- Annual company retreat
- Flexible working arrangements
- Our new amazing Urban HQ with a Ping-Pong Table, Zen room, Juices and Fresh Fruit, breakfasts and more.