Operations Manager - New York
About Urban Massage
We’re on a mission to democratise access to wellness on a global level. With an on-demand app using cutting edge technology platforms to connect thousands of passionate, high quality therapists with people in need of a massage.
In the three years since our launch we’ve grown to sixty plus people, can be found in five cities across Europe, and have matched thousands of people with hundreds of expert massage therapists. It’s a fast paced but nurturing atmosphere that manages to balance the fire and excitement of a start-up with the care and mindfulness expected from the wellness industry.
We will be launching in the US very soon and are looking for someone fantastic to join our local team in New York.
Therapist Operations are at the core of our business, assuring excellent quality and availability for users, while at the same time creating a top-of-class experience for therapist partners.
That is why we are looking for an outstanding candidate to run Therapist Operations for New York. This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly-growing company, and contribute hands-on to the growth of the business. The Therapist Operations Associate is in charge of building Urban Massage’s therapist partner community. As our main brand ambassador in New York, you will represent our brand and attract great therapists to Urban Massage, assessing their skills, assuring that they have a clear understanding of our platform and are satisfied with our service, as well as making them feel part of a strong community of qualified peers.
- Strategic ownership and responsibility of UK Supply Operations from start to end
- Substantially grow the UK therapist base, while nurturing the existing partner community
- Full accountability for all KPIs across acquisition, activation, engagement, retention and quality
- Manage commercial negotiations and relationship with key industry stakeholders
- Coordinating and liaising with our international therapist operations team
- Fostering strong long-term relationships with key partners in the industry, such as massage schools, colleges, and industry bodies
- Relationship management of complimentary supply partners, such as massage oil providers, security supplier etc.
- 2+ years experience in business operations management, or supply chain management
- Experience scaling and managing operational processes at scale
- High level of expertise in project management and analytics
- A balanced mix of people, technical, and operational skills
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- A hands-on mentality with a strong taste for process innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to work with diligence at speed and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills; ability to represent the company with senior stakeholders; ability to coach and manage others and clearly share insights with the team through both written and verbal presentations
- You're the expert, hungry to constantly learn and self-improve, be ahead of the curve in your field, drive change and implement cutting-edge practices
- Take a key role in our journey to revolutionise wellness globally. Be part of a diverse, talented and driven team, carefully assembled from all over the world
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Your choice of computing hardware and desk setup
- Annual company retreat
- Flexible working arrangements