Supply Operations Intern (London)
Hi, recruiter! If you're reading this and looking to work with us please go through this document first. If you're not viewing this from our careers site please go there for the link. Thanks!
About Urban Massage
We’re on a mission to democratise access to wellness on a global level. With an on-demand app using cutting edge technology platforms to connect thousands of passionate, high quality therapists with people in need of a massage.
In the three years since our launch we’ve grown to sixty plus people, can be found in five cities across Europe, and have matched thousands of people with hundreds of expert massage therapists. It’s a fast paced but nurturing atmosphere that manages to balance the fire and excitement of a start-up with the care and mindfulness expected from the wellness industry.
Our three offices – currently in London, Paris and Vienna – have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, thriving on cross-team collaboration and after work drinks (and work outs). We have everything from a zen room to the required ping-pong table, providing space for the occasional digital detox as well as a kitchen full of cold-pressed juices. Yoga and fitness classes are held once a week and we have a yearly full-company retreat. With plenty more ideas in the pipeline for our teams!
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly-growing company at an early stage, and contribute hands-on to the growth of the business. We are looking for a talented, ambitious candidate to join our operations team for a minimum of 6 months.
The Supply Operations Internship focuses on our UK supply operations, which means you'll get hands-on exposure to processes across the supply spectrum. You will work closely with our Operations Manager, be involved in a variety of projects, and over the months you will also learn a lot about the company as a whole.
- Therapist partner on-boarding, assuring performance in line with defined targets and quality standards
- Supporting existing therapist partners
- Continuous optimisation of operations and proactive identification for areas for improvement
- Monitoring pre- and post-activation KPIs against targets
- Fostering strong long-term relationships with key industry bodies, such as massage schools and colleges
- Negotiating offers with complimentary supply partners, such as massage oil providers, insurance providers, etc
- Ensuring consistency, quality and compliance across all initiatives for UK market
- Assisting the operations team with ongoing projects and ad-hoc tasks
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business, sports, health management or related from a top university
- Previous work experience in a top startup, consulting firm or a multinational is preferred, but not a requirement
- Have a vivid interest in massage, health and wellness
- Be structured, organised and able to work independently
- Be hands-on, a go-getter and quick learner
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and comfortable with working with other computer systems
- Love working with people and enjoying to help others
- Prior experience in a similar role and/or the wellness industry is a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Free weekly yoga/fitness sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Your choice of computing hardware and desk setup
- Central London office with great transport links
- Annual company retreat
- Flexible working arrangements
- Our new amazing Urban HQ with a Ping-Pong Table, Zen room, Juices and Fresh Fruit, breakfasts and more.