Hi, recruiter! If you're reading this and looking to work with us please go through this document first. If you're not viewing this from our careers site please go there for the link. Thanks!
About Urban Massage
We’re on a mission to democratise access to wellness on a global level. With an on-demand app using cutting edge technology platforms to connect thousands of passionate, high quality therapists with people in need of a massage.
In the three years since our launch we’ve grown to sixty plus people, can be found in five cities across Europe, and have matched thousands of people with hundreds of expert massage therapists. It’s a fast paced but nurturing atmosphere that manages to balance the fire and excitement of a start-up with the care and mindfulness expected from the wellness industry.
Our three offices – currently in London, Paris and Vienna – have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, thriving on cross-team collaboration and after work drinks (and work outs). We have everything from a zen room to the required ping-pong table, providing space for the occasional digital detox as well as a kitchen full of cold-pressed juices. Yoga and fitness classes are held once a week and we have a yearly full-company retreat. With plenty more ideas in the pipeline for our teams!
Our vision at Urban Massage is to improve well-being of urban dwellers. Since this is a highly personalized field, with various requirements, Urban Massage believes that statistical modeling and machine learning will power us to improve the well-being for both the therapists and clients in the best way possible. We are looking for an ambitious Data Scientist with great problem solving skills to join our Data and Analytics Team.
As a marketplace in the healthcare sector we are constantly striving to understand the therapists’ and their clients’ behaviour. The Data and Analytics Team act as the internal consultant to support data driven and measurable decisions for our business. You will work with all business functions to help apply scientific thinking and apply statistical/mathematical solutions to business questions and problems.
You will be involved in machine learning projects including:
- Users and Therapist behaviour modeling and prediction
- Market Simulations and Travel optimization
- Well-being Analytics and Suggestion Modeling
- Preference Matching Modeling
As a startup, being focused and delivering impactful work is the key. Working with our Head of Analytics you will have high a degree of freedom on delivering models for us to better serve our customers. Being in a highly dynamic startup your role is challenging but rewarding, with the potential of implementation and bringing true impact to a multi-national business.
- Master or PhD in analytical, numeric or statistics focus subject
- Excellent Problem Solving skills and love defining problems from different angles
- Have a great drive to build something together, and love to see how your models and insights impact our business
- Openness to research on various models to deliver insight - whatever works, works
- Highly Dynamic and Result focus environment - That also means you would see the impact of your insight
- Flexibility on balance between excellent modelling and a workable solution in a timely manner to meet business requirements
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience in delivering production level model is a plus
- Experience in statistical modelling or machine learning algorithm in predicting human behaviour modelling
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Free weekly yoga/fitness sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Well speced hardware and your choice of desk setup
- Central London office with great transport links
- Annual company retreat
- Flexible working arrangements
- Our new amazing Urban HQ with a Ping-Pong Table, Zen room, Juices and Fresh Fruit, breakfasts and more.