Hi, recruiter! If you're reading this and looking to work with us please go through this document first. If you're not viewing this from our careers site please go there for the link. Thanks!
ABOUT URBAN MASSAGE
Urban Massage is on a mission to change the way urban people access wellness services. The first step is to make the $77billion massage services market accessible globally, by connecting highly skilled service providers with users through our world-class proprietary apps. So far, Urban Massage operates in 5 Markets including, London, Paris and Vienna.
Our product team is full of highly-skilled multi-disciplined engineers working closely with each other across design, engineering and testing. Our fast-moving team bring together strategy, creativity and technology in agile programmes of work. We embrace strong development standards, continuous integration, peer review, test automation and replicable deployment processes. Within this role, you'd be encouraged to explore new technologies and take ownership of your work.
We’re currently in the process of building new products using React and MobX. We also use AngularJs in many places on our platform, we’re always looking to improve and consolidate our tech stack and our developers are at the forefront of these decisions. Our bleeding-edge backend platform is formed of an API-gateway + micro service architecture written in Typescript (running on Node.js). Our data layer uses a combination of different storage engines picked for the best fit to each use case, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Neo4J, MongoDB and Redis.
- Apply industry standard best practices
- Collaborate with colleagues across various areas of the business
- Lead within your discipline – architect using modern front-end stacks and help coordinate delivery
- Contribute to our overarching technical architecture and vision
- Experience with React, AngularJs, MobX or a similar front end frameworks / libraries.
- Experience with Node.js with Express.
- Strong CSS skills utilising Less / Sass.
- You write testable, extendable and maintainable code.
- Experience identifying and applying industry standard best practices.
- Collaborated with colleagues from other business areas on projects in previous roles.
- Git / SVN or similar version control experience.
- A self-driven attitude and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of Typescript and / or Flowscript.
- You’re skilled building responsive and accessible pages across a variety of browsers and devices.
- Familiarity with SQL and at least one other database (preferably schema-less).
- Contributed to open source projects.
- An active personal account on Github, Bitbucket or similar.
- An interest or previous exposure to dev ops.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Join a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Working with a fun, international and highly-motivated team where there's never a dull moment!
- Well-speced Apple hardware
- A generous conference and training budget
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Fully stocked fridges
- Central London office with great transport links